LEETLEFRIEND!

26 Jun 2014 13:27

After an evening running about, Ras, GB, and myself get trapped in an apartment on a full server in the new northern town of Novo. After killing one guy, we dig in, not knowing how many are outside. At least one of the dead guy's mates is downstairs and he is not that happy with us.

The situation develops and I'm forced to go all Tony Montana. :smoke4:

phpBB [video]
    Jim Gun

26 Jun 2014 15:20

26 Jun 2014 16:46

That was good, these videos are awesome.

Having not played dayz for a while, what was stopping those guys from hopping server to get behind you? Or has that been fixed?
    elementz

26 Jun 2014 17:06

26 Jun 2014 22:13

elemntz wrote:That was good, these videos are awesome.

Having not played dayz for a while, what was stopping those guys from hopping server to get behind you? Or has that been fixed?

That's been fixed, albeit extremely clunkily. If you disconnect from a server, you have to wait like 5 minutes before you can join another one (or the same one). Bit of a shit way of doing it imo.
    Phattie
    Site Admin & Officer

26 Jun 2014 22:47

They should just tie your character to a server so people can't gear on empty servers and take their pimped guns to 64-man servers.
    kanum
    Mercenary Co-leader

26 Jun 2014 23:57

Just got the time to watch the video, another great video and loved the music choice and editing. You're a natural Jim [icon_thumright.gif]
    Phattie
    Site Admin & Officer

27 Jun 2014 17:16

kanum wrote:They should just tie your character to a server so people can't gear on empty servers and take their pimped guns to 64-man servers.

When persistent storage is introduced that will pretty much tie you to one server as the your gear is only saved on the server that you store it on.

Pimped guns are a 2-way thing. M4's only spawn at random helicopter crashes nowadays. There are over 40 locations, and on server restart 3 spawn randomly over these 40+ locations. I am now having serious ammo issues, as I am now forced to either be lucky enough to find a chopper crash, or I have to visit dangerous areas. The SKS on the other hand, which I think is the best all round weapon in the game at the moment can be found anywhere and ammo is plentiful.

Moving to 64-bit, new renderer, reworked navmesh for zombie pathfinding.....looking good.

http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/

...was a pretty epic evening all round. GG.
    Jim Gun

28 Jun 2014 05:26

This is One Game that Stands out from the Rest, Get's fooking intense at times and if your looking for trouble...it isn't far away ! Classic Evening, a lot went on that night, the video only covers half of the conflicts we encountered.

thanks to Jim & Ras.... Loved it. :army26:
    BeckBond[MCY]
    Mercenary Leader

29 Jun 2014 09:00

The video drags on quite a bit, but so does that game, it seems. Looks like you guys had a good time anway.

PS.: GB's slow motion death had me smirking. "OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ...." [icon_thumright.gif]
    "And he shall smite the wicked, and plunge them into the fiery pit!"
    BlazingSun
    Mercenary Co-leader

29 Jun 2014 09:16

BlazingSun wrote:The video drags on quite a bit, but so does that game, it seems. Looks like you guys had a good time anway.

PS.: GB's slow motion death had me smirking. "OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ...." [icon_thumright.gif]

The game is extremely slow paced. There is a reason we call the players "bag-shitters" :ass:
    Phattie
    Site Admin & Officer

29 Jun 2014 10:58

Phattie wrote:The game is extremely slow paced. There is a reason we call the players "bag-shitters" :ass:

I thought that was ARMA 3 and it was because of the realism attached to it? :smoke4:
    Warhound

29 Jun 2014 11:52

Warhound wrote:
    Phattie wrote:The game is extremely slow paced. There is a reason we call the players "bag-shitters" :ass:

I thought that was ARMA 3 and it was because of the realism attached to it? :smoke4:

ARMA's realism is nothing compared to the anal retentive that created DayZ :omfg
    Phattie
    Site Admin & Officer

30 Jun 2014 10:19

BlazingSun wrote:

haha... That's the sound I make waking in the mornings OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHhhhhh !

I did for a split moment dropped my guard and that was fatal /15

Come along, and join us Korn..... you just don't know what's going to happen next !
    BeckBond[MCY]
    Mercenary Leader

30 Jun 2014 11:20

Games like this are not for me I'm afraid.
    "And he shall smite the wicked, and plunge them into the fiery pit!"
    BlazingSun
    Mercenary Co-leader

Return to Screenshots and Videos

Information