Operation: Rescue Everton F.C.

Anything ArmA 3 / DayZ related

Everton football club has been taken hostage while on holiday by the IRA. This Saturday at 7pm British time, you and a spec ops team will infiltrate the Ghost Hotel by sea and secure the 11 hostages. Brings lost of smoke and flashbangs and buy ARMA while it's on sale tarts :army31:

kanum
    Mercenary Co-leader

hey yo, do you guys play with any expansions/dlcs or just the regular Arma 3 with mods? its on sale right now :ass:
    Zeratul07

Zeratul07 wrote:hey yo, do you guys play with any expansions/dlcs or just the regular Arma 3 with mods? its on sale right now :ass:

Many of us have the Apex expansion (which I would recommend getting as it is currently part of a very cheap bundle on Steam) but most of the co-op evenings we have been doing are using just the base game plus some free mods. Whether this will continue to be the case in the future I don't know.
    Jolly
    Mercenary Co-leader

As long as I run the whole shabag it will stay that way
    :sfp1: Image :siws2:
    Sternkr4ft

Here's the hostage rescue from my point of view. It's completely unedited so ~deal with it~. The raid on the IRA secret sub base is being uploaded at the moment.

phpBB [video]
    kanum
    Mercenary Co-leader

The underwater raid on the IRA submarine base.

phpBB [video]
    kanum
    Mercenary Co-leader

Confirms my theory that we bypased a lot of stuff in the second mission. Thanks for hosting the missions again :)
    Sternkr4ft

Yeah I didn't mind though, I thought it was smart to keep using the scuba gear and also pretty atmospheric. I didn't want to punish you by spawning in more dudes to intercept your new route.

Incidentally, you might have noticed in the second mission, I was running into bugs where I could not spawn more OpFor - for example the opfor tab under individual units disappeared. You might also notice that remote controlling opfor units in the second mission bugged out and even though I could see through their eyes, the AI was still controlling all aspects of their movement. Was that the server struggling or something else?
    kanum
    Mercenary Co-leader

If you disable the interface with backspace and enable it again it reloads the UI and the units should be back. At least it worked for me so far.
    As for the AI still controlling itself. No idea I honestly never had that happen. How did you enter remote controll? I usually do it with Cntrl & double click

Honestly I liked the part of sneaking about. Think some people might be a bit bored by it but it can be pretty atmospheric and also makes you wonder if there might be something in your back way more
    Sternkr4ft

Sternkr4ft wrote:If you disable the interface with backspace and enable it again it reloads the UI and the units should be back. At least it worked for me so far.
    As for the AI still controlling itself. No idea I honestly never had that happen. How did you enter remote controll? I usually do it with Cntrl & double click

Honestly I liked the part of sneaking about. Think some people might be a bit bored by it but it can be pretty atmospheric and also makes you wonder if there might be something in your back way more

Kanum's using the remote control module, i always ctrl & click cba searching for the option tbh.
    Loui5D
    Battle Galaxy of Doom

Return to General Chat

Information