Do you use a mouse with 2 or 3 fingers?

For anything non-game related

Do you use a mouse with 2 or 3 fingers?

73%
27%

Total votes : 22

So we had a discussion last night and Phattie thought it was weird that I use my index finger for mouse 1, middle finger for scroll wheel & ring finger for mouse 2?

3 finger master race
    elementz

wtf you Burnley dingle.

2 fingers on the main bit & the other 3 for side buttons.
    Loui5D
    Battle Galaxy of Doom

elementz wrote:So we had a discussion last night and Phattie thought it was weird that I use my index finger for mouse 1, middle finger for scroll wheel & ring finger for mouse 2?

3 finger master race

You're a monster
    Sippiecup

thumb for the 2 side buttons, m1 with my index finger, scroll wheel and m2 with my middle finger.
    Corruptlol
    MercenaryS Officer

Corruptlol wrote:thumb for the 2 side buttons, m1 with my index finger, scroll wheel and m2 with my middle finger.

This man speaks the truth. 3 fingers are for other things. Not mouse use.
    Phattie
    Site Admin & Officer

Phattie wrote:
    Corruptlol wrote:thumb for the 2 side buttons, m1 with my index finger, scroll wheel and m2 with my middle finger.

This man speaks the truth. 3 fingers are for other things. Not mouse use.

Like the shocker?
    Sippiecup

2 is inefficient, yall have fingers that are slacking.
    Saved by the buoyancy of citrus. :lion2:
    fini

fini wrote:2 is inefficient, yall have fingers that are slacking.

The only person I know that uses 3 fingers is your mum.
    Jolly
    Mercenary Co-leader

Jolly wrote:

You got that wrong, she uses the whole fist
    Saved by the buoyancy of citrus. :lion2:
    fini

I use my index finger for the left click and the wheel, and my middle finger for the right click. I do use my thumb for the side buttons so I guess that's 3 fingers if you want to count the thumb.
    IsaacHul

2 Fingers and one thumb, and on that note I am looking for a new mouse as my current G5 is about 200 years old and I need a change. Any suggestions welcome.

Mostly using my PC at the moment for work, but hoping to get back into some gaming in February.
    Damack
    Mercenary Co-leader

Damack wrote:2 Fingers and one thumb, and on that note I am looking for a new mouse as my current G5 is about 200 years old and I need a change. Any suggestions welcome.

Mostly using my PC at the moment for work, but hoping to get back into some gaming in February.

Luckily since the days of the G5, gaming peripheral companies have now clued up to the fact that people don't want shitty laser office lasers in their gaming mice, so technically speaking there's a lot of choice. You can even get wireless mice these days that are good enough for FPS and don't weigh too much (although they cost).

Unfortunately, no one really does the G5 type of shape any more if you're looking for that.

Logitech are still the kings for R&D and offer the only wireless mice worth a damn. The one negative with Logitech is they make weird shaped mice that might not necessarily fit your hands. If you can find a current Logitech mouse with a form factor that works for you I would go for them.

Roccat (best build quality/top sensors/software not amazing), Zowie (shapes/lacks software/some controversial design choices/last gen sensors), Steelseries/Razer (one or two with top sensors and good shapes; have to be careful because some stuff is still crap + build quality/RMA issues) and CoolerMaster (shapes + sensors; bad rep with build quality) are alternatives.

Edit: the closest current thing that Logitech do to the G5 is the G403 but the form factor is substantially different - but still based around palm. 703 and 603 use the same form factor.

This guy is my current go-to for mouse reviews: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGJaDZ ... -XMwcbZkiw. Although I would take anything technical he says with a grain of salt and stick to his in-game impressions.
    Darhus

Damack wrote:2 Fingers and one thumb, and on that note I am looking for a new mouse as my current G5 is about 200 years old and I need a change. Any suggestions welcome.

Can't recommend the Logitech G403 wireless enough. Feels great, doesn't feel heavy (to me anyway, it's subjective) and there is no delay; I've even seen players in CS major tournaments using the wireless version. The G703 is basically the same but combined with a special mousemat they sell, it charges the mouse all the time so you never have to plug it in.
    Phattie
    Site Admin & Officer

Thanks for the suggestions. I don't necessarily want to get something exactly the same as the G5 as I can usually adapt, and as you have pointed out there is a lot of choice out there. I use a separate vertical ergonomic mouse when in the office, but no way would I use that for gaming. (I turned down the ergonoimic keyboard!)

The Logitech G403 Wireless looks good and I think it would suit me well. It is also currently at a price that works for me.

Thanks again.
    Damack
    Mercenary Co-leader

Jolly wrote:
    fini wrote:2 is inefficient, yall have fingers that are slacking.

Well she can't grip what you're packing with more than that.
    kanum
    Mercenary Co-leader

If you agree with Louis then you've voted wrongly dummy
    Phattie
    Site Admin & Officer

Next

Return to General Chat

Information