Tech help

For anything non-game related
08 Dec 2013 15:20

We've had quite a few posts here and there with people having problems and others (mostly me ;)) trying to help with them. I'm going to move them all in here when created, but feel free to post in here if you need help and others can assist.
    Phattie
    Site Admin & Officer

08 Dec 2013 15:20

Figured I'd post in here as I too will be MIA for a short while, experiencing issues with the PC.
    elementz

08 Dec 2013 16:43

elemntz wrote:Figured I'd post in here as I too will be MIA for a short while, experiencing issues with the PC.

What's wrong with it?
    Phattie
    Site Admin & Officer

09 Dec 2013 01:45

I've recently upgraded some components for my PC and had a fresh Windows 7 install on a new SSD. After the install I was required to download and install the drivers, basically used my laptop to gather all of the drivers from the ASUS website and then stuck them on a USB, this worked for the majority of devices except for:

ASMedia XHCI Controller
      ASMedia XHCI Controller
      Ethernet Controller
      PCI Simple Communication Controller
      SM Bus Controller

They all have the "Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)" issue.

Next I'm going to attempt to find the specific drivers from my old HDD which worked fine, and copy them onto the new SSD although I'm beginning to assume I might just have a faulty SSD. Might be worth noting that I am a bit of a tech noob so I've literally just been researching similar issues on the internet to guide me through.
    elementz

09 Dec 2013 01:55

Have you installed the chipset drivers for your motherboard? The first 2 and bottom 2 should be resolved by that, and the Ethernet controller should just work with the drivers on the ASUS site.
    Phattie
    Site Admin & Officer

09 Dec 2013 17:47

Downloaded the motherboard chipset and also the Intel Gigibit driver which apparently should have solved the Ethernet Controller problem but the issue still remains. Just got in from work so going to have another crack at it. The drivers work perfectly fine on the old HDD so will attempt to locate the specific drivers and copy them onto the SSD to see if that works.
    elementz

09 Dec 2013 17:59

Just to make sure, you did install the 64bit version of the drivers yes?
    Phattie
    Site Admin & Officer

09 Dec 2013 18:05

09 Dec 2013 18:16

Give the ones on the driver CD that came with the motherboard a go first, you might be able to sort it that way and will save you some hassle.
    Phattie
    Site Admin & Officer

10 Dec 2013 06:53

Phattie wrote:Give the ones on the driver CD that came with the motherboard a go first, you might be able to sort it that way and will save you some hassle.

I have a few drivers for my asus mobo that works only from the original CD, the latest version from asus website don't works sometimes. So anytime I do a reinstall I have to mix: the few downloaded that work, and the rest from the CD
    Lee

10 Dec 2013 12:22

Open command prompt as administrator and type

sigverif - Start it then click advanced and view log; copy and paste the contents here.
    Loui5D
    Battle Galaxy of Doom

10 Dec 2013 22:13

10 Dec 2013 22:35

Phattie wrote:Give the ones on the driver CD that came with the motherboard a go first, you might be able to sort it that way and will save you some hassle.

Lee wrote:I have a few drivers for my asus mobo that works only from the original CD, the latest version from asus website don't works sometimes. So anytime I do a reinstall I have to mix: the few downloaded that work, and the rest from the CD

Thanks for the assistance guys I really appreciate the help! I managed to find the original CD with the drivers on and that fixed the issues mentioned above, I purchased my PC quite some time ago so completely forgot that this was an option. :smile:
    elementz

29 Aug 2014 18:43

I've got a question.
    Now that I've finally got my claws on some cash I've been window shopping for a CPU cooler, and when I asked It seems the general idea was that a Noctua would be best?

As you may know I have the NZXT H440 midi tower, great case with great air flow, and the case was built with enough room for a liquid radiator that I can mount at the top of it.

However the case has great air flow with 1 140mm back fan and 3 120mm's in the front, hence why I think Noctua was suggested, but I am open to suggestions.

But anyways, currently I've been looking at these 2 and I've been wondering which one seems the best option.

Corsair H80i Hydro - OR - Noctua NH-D15 :anigirl:
    A German Suplex!
    GermanSuplex

29 Aug 2014 19:23

I've had a couple Corsair water coolers in my time and they all broke in 1 way or another. Get the Noctua.
    Phattie
    Site Admin & Officer

29 Aug 2014 19:49

29 Aug 2014 20:11

Yes. Mine is still working like a charm and no issues at all. Just make sure you clean the radiators every now and then, the dust will *really* kill you.
    Phattie
    Site Admin & Officer

03 Sep 2014 11:56

Need some help :S

Got this issue which has been going on for a while but when play PS2 it didn't really matter too much.
    But when it happened in CS:GO, I flipped because it stopped me getting a bomb defuse as last man alive /15

Basically at least once a day my HDD or SSD not sure which one gets this massive data surge as if it's running a backup of some sort taking up a huge amount of computing power

Monitor locks up, audio freezes, red light on PC case stays permanently on for the duration, however, TeamSpeak can be heard, I can talk over it fine and I can hear people fine, heres the best part.

In PlanetSide if i'm dead and it happens I can't respawn, If I'm alive, I can keep playing so long as I don't die or pull a vehicle, when flying in my Reaver once when this happened I crossed the entire continent, when I got from Saurva to Dahaka the textures where super plain, long distance low res textures but everthing like mountains and vehicles appeared and move around perfectly fine, got back to the WG in the South east of Indar waited about 2 minutes and then all the textures rendered back to high quality.

Can anyone think of anything I can do to check what process causes this massive issue or what a likely cause might be??

Cheers ;)
    EmitzDevil
    Mercenary Queen

03 Sep 2014 12:02

EmitzDevil wrote:Need some help :S

Got this issue which has been going on for a while but when play PS2 it didn't really matter too much.
    But when it happened in CS:GO, I flipped because it stopped me getting a bomb defuse as last man alive /15

Basically at least once a day my HDD or SSD not sure which one gets this massive data surge as if it's running a backup of some sort taking up a huge amount of computing power

Monitor locks up, audio freezes, red light on PC case stays permanently on for the duration, however, TeamSpeak can be heard, I can talk over it fine and I can hear people fine, heres the best part.

In PlanetSide if i'm dead and it happens I can't respawn, If I'm alive, I can keep playing so long as I don't die or pull a vehicle, when flying in my Reaver once when this happened I crossed the entire continent, when I got from Saurva to Dahaka the textures where super plain, long distance low res textures but everthing like mountains and vehicles appeared and move around perfectly fine, got back to the WG in the South east of Indar waited about 2 minutes and then all the textures rendered back to high quality.

Can anyone think of anything I can do to check what process causes this massive issue or what a likely cause might be??

Cheers ;)

Does it happen at random or it happening the same time every time? Have you checked the schedule on your anti-virus? Do you have the drives set to go to sleep mode when they're not in use?
    Sippiecup

03 Sep 2014 12:06

Resource Monitor tells you in great detail what's using cpu, disk, network and memory

You will find it in Administrative Tools or just search for resource monitor on start menu
    liamsmithuk

Next

Return to General Chat

Information