EU Merges

Any Patch / Announcements will be posted here
14 Jul 2014 19:25

Hello all -

We know there is a lot of interest in the merges, so we want to keep you as up to date as possible. I'll be positing here as we make more final decisions. Here's what we know:
    We'll be merging the following servers:
    Woodman + Miller
    Ceres + Cobalt
    This combo was determined by various factors, but the main goals were to prevent excessive queues while maintaining a robust server pop and extending prime playing hours
    We'd like to run MergeSmashes similar to the one we did for the previous merge
    We'd like to let the name be decided by the MergeSmash event (i.e. winner keeps the server name)
    Here's what's left to be determined:
    When the MergeSmashes will be
    When the merges themselves will happen
    I'm keeping this thread stickied and locked, and I'll update it as more official decisions are made.
    -DCarey

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/european-server-merges.193741/
    Loui5D
    Battle Galaxy of Doom

14 Jul 2014 19:46

I'm sure Miller will atleast get a participation medal after our "one squad per outfit" team get stomped.

But other than that I'm happy we get to merge with Woodman, we need more farmables!
    Sippiecup

14 Jul 2014 20:58

14 Jul 2014 21:36

14 Jul 2014 21:43

EmitzDevil wrote:Im so happy!!!!!

I already have a TR on Miller though, so that's the end of our awesome woodman outfit? :(
    liamsmithuk

14 Jul 2014 21:46

Sippiecup wrote:I'm sure Miller will atleast get a participation medal after our "one squad per outfit" team get stomped.

But other than that I'm happy we get to merge with Woodman, we need more farmables!

They have said the server smash coming up will not be the mergersmash. Don't know if we want to try and get involved with the actual event or not...
    13lur

14 Jul 2014 22:08

13lur wrote:
    Sippiecup wrote:I'm sure Miller will atleast get a participation medal after our "one squad per outfit" team get stomped.

They have said the server smash coming up will not be the mergersmash. Don't know if we want to try and get involved with the actual event or not...

Lets hope they do the mergersmash differently, if not Miller will be horribly raped :P
    Sippiecup

15 Jul 2014 05:47

Ill go to the MAC meeting and throw a tantrum, seems to work for Zukhov
    EmitzDevil
    Mercenary Queen

15 Jul 2014 07:51

EmitzDevil wrote:Ill go to the MAC meeting and throw a tantrum, seems to work for Zukhov

Looks like I missed drama!
    MrK

15 Jul 2014 10:01

I'm looking forward to this, I welcome some fresh competition although I'm not really clued-up on outfits from Woodman. Rebel Rifles rings a bell, did we play against those guys in a scrim or something? I recall scrimming against Thelyn Ennor as well last year sometime and I'm sure some of our guys used to play in 151st outfit.
    elementz

15 Jul 2014 11:10

elemntz wrote:I'm looking forward to this, I welcome some fresh competition although I'm not really clued-up on outfits from Woodman. Rebel Rifles rings a bell, did we play against those guys in a scrim or something? I recall scrimming against Thelyn Ennor as well last year sometime and I'm sure some of our guys used to play in 151st outfit.

We played REBR in community clash :)

EDIT: More lock on gank squads and elitist pilots incoming http://www.reddit.com/r/WoodmanPS2/comm ... n_airgame/

Well, that said I have flown on woodman quite a bit out of prime time and haven't received any rage tells even though I rarely lose a 1v1
    Last edited by liamsmithuk on 15 Jul 2014 11:31, edited 1 time in total.
    liamsmithuk

15 Jul 2014 11:31

liamsmithuk wrote:
    elemntz wrote:I'm looking forward to this, I welcome some fresh competition although I'm not really clued-up on outfits from Woodman. Rebel Rifles rings a bell, did we play against those guys in a scrim or something? I recall scrimming against Thelyn Ennor as well last year sometime and I'm sure some of our guys used to play in 151st outfit.

We played REBR in community clash :)

And we dunked them.
    Loui5D
    Battle Galaxy of Doom

15 Jul 2014 12:15

I played with those guys (151st) on Woodman for quite a while...

The main threat on Woodman was Iron Pulse and KOTV. Iron pulse were similar in play style to INI and KOTV are just the numbers think RO and GOON with double the numbers, it was pretty ridiculous at that time. Not sure what their numbers are like now.

It will definitely make for some interesting changes.
    kidroid

15 Jul 2014 14:45

Holy shit this is real? Imagine all the hate tells from the KotV duds.... Incoming VS Ghost cappers more than ever
    GermanSuplex

15 Jul 2014 15:59

Mmhh, gonna play alongside Moukass, also
    MrK

15 Jul 2014 18:03

Been talking to leader of ACRO on PTS

[TELL] [SymbolTR]: im the leader of ACRO

You told SymbolTR: FRC on Miller run lock on air sqauds in off hours
    You told SymbolTR: so you have that to look forward to
    [TELL] [SymbolTR]: oh dont worry
    [TELL] [SymbolTR]: we have T4NK, 208, THEN, CORE who do this aswell, and all on tr
    You told SymbolTR: ah lol
    FACILITY LOST: Seabed Listening Post
    [TELL] [SymbolTR]: but still they lose 10vs3 against acro

He's not bad actually :)

[TELL] [SymbolTR]: in case someone wants to msg me, my characters are THESymbolTR or llllllllllI
    [TELL] [SymbolTR]: my nc name is 10x L and 1x i

Think they want to fight the gank squads along side our pilots by the sound of it :)
    liamsmithuk

15 Jul 2014 20:58

It's been a while since I really played on Woodman frequently but I imagine the outfits haven't changed that much seeing as it seems to be the same old names on Reddit etc so here is a breakdown on what I know of the Woodman outfits:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the NC side you have Orbs (Orbital Strike force), REBR (rebel rifles), FHM (Marauders), FFS (the 151st), ACRO and Moukass Gaming.

ORBS is a conglomerate of the remaining active members of the formerly massive zergfit GODS and some former FFS members who wanted more tactical play. They focus on having a big open platoon combined with a military/swat sim "Ranger squad". I used to be part of the "Ranger squad" group when I was in FFS in an attempt to find some organised play on that server and honestly it was extremely frustrating as the tactics they use are just nonsensical a lot of the time and ill suited to the game/situation.

REBR have some decent players mixed in with casuals but dont really take the game seriously or play coordinated that often. They are probably fairly well compared to an outfit like WASP/CONZ.

FHM are actually pretty decent when they do something but their activity is low so it's normally 1.5 squads at best. They are one of these outfits with a big community across multiple games and organised to be a big outfit but never quite have the numbers in game.

FFS is basically a big casual outfit that believes numbers are the most important factor in the game. They do weekly ops on a Wednesday so at least make an impression when they are active but the skill level is not that high overall. They sadly still practice the same bad tactics from the guy who now does the "Ranger squad" for ORBS. A little while back they changed their focus outside of ops to basically be the group that attempts to guide the NC zerg so open platoons is the norm outside of operation times.

ACRO I dont know much about except that it has a lot of former MACW (Mercenary air corps woodman) players in it (including Sato who is a very good pilot). I was actually in MACW for a while so assuming the tactics are the same the outfit will basically be about air squading 24/7 looking for aircraft to shoot down.

"Moukass Gaming" is basically an outfit set up by a YouTube "celebrity" (Moukass) to do more tactical play. From what I have seen of their outfit they are not bad players but they are not a huge group and basically have 1 squad or so following Moukass around. I used to play quite regularly with Moukass when he was in FFS and while he's a very skilled player and nice enough guy he's also quite annoying to play alongside tbh.

On TR you have EDT (Elysian Drop Troopers), YBUS (Yellow bus), 2CA (2nd combined arms core), ELME, 208th and Thelyn Ennor.

EDT are a reasonably well organised outfit that operate in a pretty similar way to us but overall their skill level is a fair bit lower. Their squads actually utilise MAX suits fairly heavily which for some reason seems to be a novelty on Woodman.

YBUS I dont really know much about as they didn't exist when I played. From what I've read they are mostly farmers but probably pretty good players also (Maybe similar to RO).

2CA were a decently organised small outfit roughly comparable to REBR. Not sure how active they are these days.

ELME used to be the TR's decent massive outfit for a short amount of time and were actually not too badly organised and had some ok players. Since their leader reduced his activity they have basically become a classic zergfit from my understanding.

208th were a military sim outfit. Never really made a big impression as an outfit despite having a couple of good players and occasionally doing organised operations.

Thelyn Ennor are a mostly German outfit. They have some ok players and used to run a pretty strong air squad. They are pretty similar to RNX.

MACW used to be a very strong air outfit but apparently the leader (Philux) has stopped playing and many of their players have split into other outfits. Not sure if they are still going as any sort of organised force.

On the VS side you have the infamous KOTV (Keepers of the Void), IP (Iron Pulse), VIB (Vanu Inglorious Bastards), TAW5 (art of warfare EU) and TNI (The Nuke Incoming).

KOTV are obviously one of the most well known outfits in the EU due to the ridiculous size the outfit achieved at one point (3-4 separate outfit platoons a night all under one leader). On Woodman they used to be well known for Galaxy dropping 2-3 platoons on a single base including ridiculous amount of ZoE maxes (Spezle would of been in heaven). They were like an outfit like BRTD in full operation mode but with 3 times as many people. They are still running around with big platoons but their outfit leader who used to set everything up and do the global leadership has quit and their best players left to create a new outfit. Basically this outfit is full of BR100+ who should still be around BR60 but their squad leaders and platoon leaders do actually lead which makes them a cut above the average zerg. They also have a hilariously awful air squad.

IP are probably the best outfit on Woodman. They run a combined arms approach to the game and have good players in all 3 areas. They also have a few very good players that would be well at home in an outfit like MCY or INI. They used to run full platoons but I am not sure what their strength is nowadays as they did seem to be in decline when I left although I have heard they are doing well atm working in coordination with VIB. Their weakness is probably their lack of focus when it comes to squad play and they are stronger working among a zerg than as an unsupported unit.

VIB are an outfit formed from the cream of KOTV. KOTV had a core of players who wanted to operate more tactically who formed some elite squads in the outfit and inevitably this lead to them splitting off to form VIB. They have a higher level of teamwork than average although at least back when I played against them i wasn't that overly impressed. That said they have probably improved and would be the natural outfit for anyone seeking a competitive approach to the game on VS (except for IP). They are currently the number 1 ranked outfit on Woodman in both score (and will be ahead of us for the new server :angry17:) and k/d.

TAW5, TNI, PantaRhei etc really are players with tags imo. You dont generally see them operating as an outfit and on the rare times you do it's rarely more than a single squad.
    Last edited by 13lur on 15 Jul 2014 21:18, edited 1 time in total.
    13lur

15 Jul 2014 21:12

Great write-up Blur. ACRO and IP interest me in terms of their players I must say. If you have any relationship with those outfits it may be wise to befriend them.
    kanum
    Mercenary Co-leader

15 Jul 2014 21:27

kanum wrote:Great write-up Blur. ACRO and IP interest me in terms of their players I must say. If you have any relationship with those outfits it may be wise to befriend them.

From my conversation with the leader of ACRO earlier, he seemed very interested in us also, they are an air 24/7 outfit though, they only have 3-4 members online at any one time

I added him in game anyway, IDK how good they are at infantry
    liamsmithuk

16 Jul 2014 11:11

13lur wrote:stuff about Woodman

nice summary.

Are you saying MACW moved to NC? That's like the one outfit I noticed on Woodman. Sato is the king of the air there, and even if I managed to get a drop on him he always had henchmen around :) good to have on our side ;)

By the way is there a stats site that would show the impact of an outfit (measured by score and/or conquered hexes) in time, as in, using a chart?
    Tartaros

Next

Return to Patch Notes & Announcements

Information