[PS2 Patch] Game Update 18.12.14

Any Patch / Announcements will be posted here

Cs knifes are cooler and still nothing in terms of outfit progression and making outfit base capture usefull...
    Corruptlol
    MercenaryS Officer

Sippiecup wrote:I wonder if you run faster with the knife out...

or throw your knife at the enemy :D
    liamsmithuk

You don't run faster with the knife out, SOE still can't figure out the balance point giving up your fire arm to charge with a knife [icon_thumbdown.gif]

Regardless, the new use of the knife is what I've been longing for, hack'n slash 2 slashes against most, and knife headshots OHK infils I believe? Not sure, requires further testing.
    A German Suplex!
    GermanSuplex

GermanSuplex wrote:You don't run faster with the knife out, SOE still can't figure out the balance point giving up your fire arm to charge with a knife [icon_thumbdown.gif]

Regardless, the new use of the knife is what I've been longing for, hack'n slash 2 slashes against most, and knife headshots OHK infils I believe? Not sure, requires further testing.

Stalker infil just got a lot more interesting...
    Sippiecup

Well, they done it again, they changed the sound of getting hit in a reaver to something annoying and loud completely destroying any chance of having any situational awareness or even concentration while being shot at

They are always "fixing" what's not broken
    liamsmithuk

liamsmithuk wrote:Well, they done it again, they changed the sound of getting hit in a reaver to something annoying and loud completely destroying any chance of having any situational awareness or even concentration while being shot at

They are always "fixing" what's not broken

They're breaking stuff so they have a reason to keep releasing patches, the game was fine before the resource revamp but the devs wanted to keep their jobs so they started breaking it and putting in bugs so they have something to fix.
    Sippiecup

Sippiecup wrote:
    GermanSuplex wrote:You don't run faster with the knife out, SOE still can't figure out the balance point giving up your fire arm to charge with a knife [icon_thumbdown.gif]

Stalker infil just got a lot more interesting...

A knife headshot seems to deal 750 damage. Meaning a multiplier of 1.5 - I slashed Abney's engi and He had about 250 HP left.

Mastachief wrote:Ohk knives?

Fucking stupidity.

Well, it comes with a downside, you're not faster then them, you have to ACTIVATE it first, it generates a lot of sound when slashing. It's a niche weapon, you'd rarely be able to live long enough to make a lot of use of it. It also has 10 RPM less than the normal knives.
    A German Suplex!
    GermanSuplex

Like I said last night on TS, considering how much money I've pumped into this game because I enjoyed it at the time, I now feel cheated because this isn't development which was my argument for putting the money in, it's just, lets change things a little bit to change up how the game plays. It's like they have no goals to achieve, no one has a vision on where they want the game to be, and Higby?? He can't even plan his own fucking hair style, let alone a game this size.

No decent resource system, no decent outfit based capture mechanics, no large scale force control i.e. 4 platoons in one company, no fire squads within squads etc.
    Just changing things to keep it seem fresh when any player who knows what he/she is on about see through this bullshit false idea that SOE are actually still putting effort in.

Someone on TS mentioned last night, and I wont name names, but they said 'But surely you've had your moneys worth while playing', True, If I had only spent £50, I spent a lot more thinking this was going to be developed into something bigger and flawless. But all we are getting is a smaller PS2 community and more flaws.
    EmitzDevil
    Mercenary Queen

The PS1 players have seen this before which is why we've been disillusioned for so long. You just have to enjoy the game for what it is, and not what you think it might become because there's going to be virtually no more development.
    kanum
    Mercenary Co-leader

EmitzDevil wrote:Like I said last night on TS, considering how much money I've pumped into this game because I enjoyed it at the time, I now feel cheated because this isn't development which was my argument for putting the money in, it's just, lets change things a little bit to change up how the game plays. It's like they have no goals to achieve, no one has a vision on where they want the game to be, and Higby?? He can't even plan his own fucking hair style, let alone a game this size.

No decent resource system, no decent outfit based capture mechanics, no large scale force control i.e. 4 platoons in one company, no fire squads within squads etc.
    Just changing things to keep it seem fresh when any player who knows what he/she is on about see through this bullshit false idea that SOE are actually still putting effort in.

Someone on TS mentioned last night, and I wont name names, but they said 'But surely you've had your moneys worth while playing', True, If I had only spent £50, I spent a lot more thinking this was going to be developed into something bigger and flawless. But all we are getting is a smaller PS2 community and more flaws.

Ah well, met some cool people to play other games with (star citizen :D) so I'm happy enough
    liamsmithuk

GermanSuplex wrote:Regardless, the new use of the knife is what I've been longing for

For you it's what you've been longing for, for me it's what may quench the last of my remaining will to log into the game. I'm not gonna put up with invisible "STABBED LOLOLOL" ninjas, fuck that.
    Rook
    Mercenary Co-leader

Rook wrote:
    GermanSuplex wrote:Regardless, the new use of the knife is what I've been longing for

For you it's what you've been longing for, for me it's what may quench the last of my remaining will to log into the game. I'm not gonna put up with invisible "STABBED LOLOLOL" ninjas, fuck that.

Pretty much this.
    Mastachief
    Mercenary Co-Leader & Admin

Epitomises SOE, charge scandalous prices for something as simple as changing a name in a stored database which would take what, less than 15 seconds? Comical.
    elementz

Tobax wrote:It wasn't specifically part of this update but it has just come in, you can now do name changes all for the low low price of $25! what a joke...

https://www.planetside2.com/character-services

I got mine changed for free...

It does make me wonder if they waited this long with the name change tokens because they didn't know how much to charge for them.
    Sippiecup

Yep, and this is just after they have the audacity to charge people to REMOVE THEIR HELMET, compared to say every other MMO that allows it with a simple tick box. Maybe that was too much effort to have it communicate with the other clients that you've got that option off, fair enough, give it to everyone as a default cosmetic helmet choice then.

Another example: nerfing tier 3 implants to the ground so that you have to either buy packs or farm tons to get back what you JUST had. That's just criminal.

The way they are constantly trying to extort more and more money out of us is exactly why I have absolutely no interest in playing this game again.
    Phattie
    Site Admin & Officer

Phattie wrote:Yep, and this is just after they have the audacity to charge people to REMOVE THEIR HELMET, compared to say every other MMO that allows it with a simple tick box. Maybe that was too much effort to have it communicate with the other clients that you've got that option off, fair enough, give it to everyone as a default cosmetic helmet choice then.

Another example: nerfing tier 3 implants to the ground so that you have to either buy packs or farm tons to get back what you JUST had. That's just criminal.

The way they are constantly trying to extort more and more money out of us is exactly why I have absolutely no interest in playing this game again.

Said this months ago, will say it again.. You would be seriously foolish to spend money on this game now.. They know the game is dying and they are going to try milk every penny they can before it dies, don't fall for it, don't encourage this kind of milking and micro payments, it's not good for us for other game publishers to see this model working
    liamsmithuk

Next

Return to Patch Notes & Announcements

Information