[PS2 Patch] Game Update 18.12.14

Any Patch / Announcements will be posted here

Rook wrote:
    GermanSuplex wrote:Regardless, the new use of the knife is what I've been longing for

For you it's what you've been longing for, for me it's what may quench the last of my remaining will to log into the game. I'm not gonna put up with invisible "STABBED LOLOLOL" ninjas, fuck that.

Must say that I was really worried about it for the same reasons. Until now I have not once been killed by one of the new ohk knives and I played a decent amount of time since the patch.
    Image Image
    SaitoSAC

Rook wrote:
    GermanSuplex wrote:Regardless, the new use of the knife is what I've been longing for

For you it's what you've been longing for, for me it's what may quench the last of my remaining will to log into the game. I'm not gonna put up with invisible "STABBED LOLOLOL" ninjas, fuck that.

In terms of how to use the knife, it doesn't DEFINE to keep me playing, I find the game OK, I play maybe an hour a day Rook, you're taking that one step to far.
    It just keeps me playing an extra day.

EDIT: Not to mention this equitable knife thing was on PTS MONTHS ago, and first now implemented, development is slow as hell, so I join in whenever the 3rd company songs happen.

SaitoSAC wrote:Must say that I was really worried about it for the same reasons. Until now I have not once been killed by one of the new ohk knives and I played a decent amount of time since the patch.

Yeah exactly, I only died to it when I was AFK'ing at a sunderer when some RNX kid pulled it out, it's a niche weapon, but for me, it's a fun thing considering that I'm close to 3 knife auraxiums - A small personal achievement.
    A German Suplex!
    GermanSuplex

Lots of people in here saying "yeah this is SOE, milk it dry with minimal input as always" etc etc. But how many of you are going to fall for the exact same thing and spaff your cash on H1Z1 when it comes out?

I will be watching with interest [icon_thumright.gif]
    Warhound

Warhound wrote:Lots of people in here saying "yeah this is SOE, milk it dry with minimal input as always" etc etc. But how many of you are going to fall for the exact same thing and spaff your cash on H1Z1 when it comes out?

Not me, not only am I unlikely going to play another SOE game again, but the way Sony are going, they won't exist by the time h1z1 gets out of beta.. and honestly, I don' t think it'd be a big loss to the world.. times are changing
    liamsmithuk

liamsmithuk wrote:
    Warhound wrote:Lots of people in here saying "yeah this is SOE, milk it dry with minimal input as always" etc etc. But how many of you are going to fall for the exact same thing and spaff your cash on H1Z1 when it comes out?

Not me, not only am I unlikely going to play another SOE game again, but the way Sony are going, they won't exist by the time h1z1 gets out of beta.. and honestly, I don' t think it'd be a big loss to the world.. times are changing

They are have their reserves in SONY USA, loads of money for Smed to use. Besides, PS2 is going to have a.... /sigh, very active player base the first 6 months of PS4 release, the race to BR100 and all that jazz all over again.

But yeah H1Z1? LEL, I've seen better ideas in Nether.

It really feels like, that we've been playing a beta for the past 2 years doesn't it, for it all to be "perfected" for the PS4 audience, and we paid them for it.
    A German Suplex!
    GermanSuplex

GermanSuplex wrote:
    liamsmithuk wrote:

They are have their reserves in SONY USA, loads of money for Smed to use. Besides, PS2 is going to have a.... /sigh, very active player base the first 6 months of PS4 release, the race to BR100 and all that jazz all over again.

But yeah H1Z1? LEL, I've seen better ideas in Nether.

It really feels like, that we've been playing a beta for the past 2 years doesn't it, for it all to be "perfected" for the PS4 audience, and we paid them for it.

In a way it was a shame PS2 was the first game to come out on forgelight, it's had to go through all sorts of crap because of it that I only hope SOE's other games can be spared, then again it's SOE so they'll just fuck up in different ways.
    Tobax

For me the game never lived up to it's potential. I'm just happy that I stumbled across the MCY community, without you guys I would've quit the game a good year and half ago. Playing the game with cool people that kicked ass was the best thing about this game.

Having seen what Sony have done to this game, I appreciate the work Blizzard have done with Diablo 3. As an avid fan of Diablo 2, Diablo 3 was a massive disappointment during the initial release. Yet they've released patch after patch and an expansion, and made the game better each time. It's a completely different game compared to the initial release, and that's a good thing. Shame the same can't be the said about Planetside 2.
    elementz

GermanSuplex wrote:They are have their reserves in SONY USA, loads of money for Smed to use.

Not quite, PS4 and sony motion pictures is keeping them in business outside of selling life insurance in Japan, all other areas of the company is losing money, and by the billions

Also I doubt h1z1 will come out of beta before mid 2016 at least based on SOE's track record, especially with h1z1
    liamsmithuk

H1Z1 will probably be moderately successful but I suspect they are betting their future on EQ:Next.

Personally I enjoyed Planetside 2 a lot despite it's faults and disappointing ongoing development. It certainly hasn't dissuaded me from playing more of their games in the future although I'm certainly not going to be viewing future purchases as an investment in the game as I did with PS2 membership etc. If it's F2P I will just mostly freeload as much as possible :cool: .
    13lur

Previous

Return to Patch Notes & Announcements

Information